By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: “Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > “Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network
National

“Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 31, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 15 hours ago
Share
SHARE

Pune (Maharashtra) [India], August 31 (ANI): Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar assured that the government is working on a “war footing” to resolve the issue regarding the Maratha quota demand, for which activist Jarange Patil has started a hunger strike.
“The government is continuously making efforts on a war footing to resolve this issue. Everyone wants a solution, and the same approach is being taken by the Chief Minister as well as both Deputy Chief Ministers,” he said.
Pawar said that the 10-member subcommittee related to the reservation demand, headed by state minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil has been “attempting to engage with everyone” and efforts at “various levels” are going on to find a solution.
“Under the chairmanship of Vikhe Patil, a committee related to this matter has been established, comprising approximately 10 cabinet members who are attempting to engage with everyone… At various levels, efforts are ongoing to find a solution, and everyone’s goal is for the agitation to come to an end,” he added.
Earlier on Saturday, Jarange Patil continued his Maratha quota agitation, as traffic remained affected near Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai, where activists from Maratha community are continuing their protest, demanding reservation.
On Friday, Jarange Patil was granted time till August 30 to continue his protest at Azad Maidan. The Maratha reservation activist intensified his indefinite hunger strike over his demand to include all Marathas under the Kunbi category, a sub-caste classified under the OBC category, which will help the community avail benefits of the reservation in goverment jobs and education.
Addressing thousands of supporters, Jarange accused the Maharashtra government of failing to address the community’s demands and said that protests will happen irrespective of what the Fadnavis government decides regarding permission for agitation.
“If the government enters our territory, the Marathas will enter theirs. I asked the youth to clear Mumbai, and they arranged everything and cleared the city. What more cooperation do you need? Poor kids have come here. What’s their fault? They don’t have any facilities. If you cause us trouble, we will cause you trouble when we come there,” Jarange said.
Patil is known for his advocacy on Marathi reservation issues. He has urged supporters to rally peacefully and called on authorities to address community concerns regarding reservation policies. He has held multiple protest rallies and hunger strikes demanding reservations for the Maratha community ahead of the Maharashtra Assembly Elections in 2024. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Uttarakhand police crack down on rumours of CM change, register case against 3 – World News Network

“Dedicate one hour to sports every day”: Haryana CM Nayab Singh Saini on National Sports Day – World News Network

“If he has proof, he should make it public”: Manish Tewari on Rijiju’s allegations on Rahul Gandhi working with “anti-India” forces – World News Network

“Delhi is with the families of Kerala in their happiness and sorrow”: CM Rekha Gupta celebrates Onam at her residence – World News Network

Delhi Police busts duplicate manufacturing unit of mosquito repellents; counterfeit products worth ₹ 20 lakhs seized – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article India to manufacture every component of mobile phones, including Made in India chips: Ashwini Vaishnaw – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

  • Innovate
  • Gadget
  • PC hardware
  • Review
  • Software
  • Medicine
  • Children
  • Coronavirus
  • Nutrition
  • Disease
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?